The MCF51JM family is part of the Freescale Flexis™ microcontroller series, the connection point on the Freescale Controller Continuum where 8-bit and 32-bit compatibility becomes a reality. The Flexis series of devices includes complementary families of 8-bit S08 and 32-bit V1 ColdFire® microcontrollers that have a common set of peripherals and development tools to deliver the ultimate in migration flexibility.
The 32-bit MCF51JM128 device further extends the low-end of the ColdFire embedded USB controller family with up to 128 KB of flash memory, a full-speed USB 2.0 controller with host, device and On-The-Go (OTG) support, an integrated CAN module and a 12-channel, 12-bit analog-to-digital converter. The ColdFire JM family also features a hardware cryptographic acceleration unit (CAU), a random number generator accelerator (RNGA) and several system protection features such as low voltage detect and a Computer Operating Properly (COP) module.
The JM128 devices, like the other USB microcontrollers in the Controller Continuum,are supported by the Freescale USB-LITE Stack by CMX. This complimentary USB stack provides support for certain HID, CDC and mass storage classes. Source code for the complimentary stack is available. The MCF51JM128 is software compatible with other devices in the Controller Continuum, providing a direct migration path to higher performing USB microcontrollers.
- Up to 50.33 MHz V1 ColdFire core offering 2.7 to 5.5V across a temperature range of -40°C to +105°C
- Up to128Kb flash read/program/erase over full operating voltage and temperature
- Up to 16K RAM with security circuit
- Four low-power modes
- Integrated Peripherials:
- Dual-role USB On-The-Go (OTG) device, supports USB in either device, host or OTG configuration
- Controller Area Network (CAN)
- Cryptographic acceleration unit (CAU)
- ADC 12-channel, 12-bit resolution
- Random number generator accelerator (RNGA)
- Low voltage detection and a Computer Operating Properly (COP) module
- 2 SCI
- 2 SPI
- 2 I²C
- Two 16bits Timmer: 2/6Channels
- Up to 16 KBI
- Up to 66 GPIOs